Wednesday 29 February 2012

Something lovely

So today I learned a new skill! Well, kind of...
Free..hmm, now I can't remember what it's called. Free style quilting? Something like that. Obviously, I'm still rubbish at it but at least I worked out how to drop the feet on my machine! Which, by the way, is a Viking Husqvarna and I can't tell you how much pleasure I get from saying it. Husqvarna. It's so lovely. Sometimes at work I just whisper it to myself over and over. Actually, that's a bit mental now I've seen it in print.

Also, I made this:
Again, I know it's a bit dodgy but...it's a coaster. I've got a real thing about wasting fabric but I can never think of anything creative to do with it, so it just sits about in my house. Anyway, this was from the secret quilt and I cut too many squares...and coasters are square...and I wanted something quick...and if I get good at it, they can go on ebay along with:

...and:


And I took some pictures of some nice things, things that make me happy every time I look at them:

...my button jar:
 ...my fabric for a new secret quilt:
...and some unfinished knitting, which does NOT make me feel happy, but I like the colours:
Happy Leap Year, also! Here's to another four years.

No comments:

Post a Comment